Minor Injuries Unit
The Minor Injuries Units at Bransholme Health Centre and the Freedom Centre offer fast and convenient treatment for less serious injuries.
Many people go to Accident and Emergency when they could be treated just as well and probably quicker at a Minor Injuries Unit.
No appointments are required and patients are managed by Nurse Practitioners who have experience and expertise in the management of minor injuries, working within a safe caring environment.
Healthcare, information, advice and treatment can be offered for:
- Wounds and abrasions.
- Cuts/wounds that require closure using sutures, steri-strips or tissue adhesive.
- Burns and scalds.
- Removal of soft tissue foreign bodies e.g. splinters
- Muscle and joint injuries e.g. sprains, strains and contusions.
- Suspected fractures / breaks.
- Animal and human bites and insect stings.
- Eye injuries/conditions e.g. Removal of foreign body, Corneal abrasion, Conjunctivitis, Sty
- Healthcare Advice, information and direction to local services
The service is open to anyone who can usually access NHS care and has sustained an injury that is considered not to be an emergency.
Please note: Both units can sometimes get very busy just before closing time. If this is the case patients will be assessed and either advised to attend A&E or, if it is clinically safe, to return to MIU the following morning.
Bransholme Minor Injuries Unit
Tel: (01482) 344665